WARNING! You cant eat just one!
1 1/2 Cups warm water
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Package active dry yeast
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour
2 Spoonfuls of Baking Soda
1 egg beaten with 1 Tablespoons cold water
- Mix water, brown sugar, yeast, and butter. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes
- Add salt and flour and mix for about 3 minutes
- If dough is too wet, add small amounts of flour until it is more sticky
- Remove dough from bowl and knead into a ball
- Coat a medium sized bowl in vegetable oil and turn the dough ball around in it.
- Let dough ball sit in bowl for an hour to rise
- Boil water in a sauce pan and add baking soda.
- Roll out dough into long skinny rolls. Cut the dough in to pieces.
- drop dough pieces into the baking soda water for 10-15 seconds
- Put pretzel bites on a greased baking sheet not touching
- brush tops with the egg wash and season with the sea salt
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
Happy Dough Punching!