Go out and buy a doughnut pan. Immediately. The pan i got from a specialty baking junk store was surprisingly only ten dollars. Once you have your awesome new doughnut pan, this easy recipe from Lovin' From the Oven, will make you friends. Perhaps you are thinking,"Friends by baked dough sharing? Ridiculous!", dough not knock it until you try it....
Anyway, I brought these to my neighbor Nate, who proceeded to make un-intelligible sounds of scarfing and sugary delight.
I also attended a book club where the doughnuts were scarfed and enjoyed nearly as equally. I was then asked to join. So see, my friend making theory is getting stronger.
Proceed to drool:
|Drenched in cinnamon sugar!|
|Yummy sparkly sugary doughnuts!|
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon canola(vegetable) oil
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg, add in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and maple syrup. Mix together.
- Make a hole in the middle of your dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients. Mix together gently.
- Divide your batter into greased doughnut pan.
- Bake your doughnuts for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the doughnuts are baking, melt your butter for your topping and mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- After the doughnuts are done, place them on a surface like a cutting board to cool.
- Brush melted butter over donuts and then dip both sides into cinnamon sugar.
- Commence enjoyment of the doughnuts!
Happy Dough Punching!